Monday, September 5, 2016

Braids

J is trying to grow her hair and protect it so she asked if I could do some protective braids. I have only really braided her natural hair and I don't have a ton of experience with synthetic hair but I decided to give it a try. I definitely looked at a few Youtube videos but I think the best way to learn is just to try! When I learned to braid 20+ years ago I had no Youtube videos or anyone to teach me and I just kept trying until I got it right....so don't be afraid to try new things... try new styles! If it doesn't look quite right just keep trying, you will definitely get better with practice! My first braids were on my sister and they took me DAYS to complete lol.

Here is J's current style... she got some of those metal hair wrap beads type things...lol whatever you call them. I am liking this natural boho-esque look on her. This time it only look me two days lol! Well there were plenty of breaks for cooking, cleaning, buying more hair... I think we used 6 packs!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment below. All advertisements and links will be removed. Should you want to advertise on this site please e-mail hairwithpurpose@gmail.com Thanks!!! Have a Blessed Day!