Holiday Hair Do's:
- Go Natural! Explore your hair and all of it's glory. Go for the sexy, messy "straight out of bed"tousled look. Cleanse, condition, moisturize your curly tresses and follow up with a light curl lotion for the natural wave look. (CURLS Milkshake is recommended)
- STYLE TIP: Once your hair is dry, gently secure various ringlets tautly to your scalp with bobby pins. Allow a few curly tresses to dangle in your face.
- Give your hair a pre-holiday deep conditioning treatment with heat, especially if you plan to heat style your hair. Add a little olive to your conditioner to up the ante. This extra step will protect the cuticle from damage.(CURL Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner is recommended)
- Nothing is more unattractive than sparse, stringy ends, especially on curly girls. Regular trims should be part of your hair care regimen. Curly hair should be trimmed 1x every 3 months, and a week before a major event or party. NOTE: Don't trust just anyone with your gorgeous locks. Be sure your stylist is familiar with styling and cutting curly hair!
Holiday Hair Don'ts:
- Avoid products that contain mineral and petrolatum oil or sililcone. Mineral and petrolatum oil are synthetic oils that coat and suffocate the hair shaft blocking moisture out. Silicone acts the same way, while they temporarily add sheen, dryness is a long term affect. Furthermore, they clog pores in your scalp and can retard hair growth. Read your labels. Remember, the ingredients are listed in order of volume. If you hair requires an oil, use only natural oils that penetrate
- Avoid frequently shampooing hair. Over shampooing and under conditioning are common culprits for dry, frizzy hair. Winter weather further exacerbates the issue. Therefore, shampooing more than 1x a week is not recommended. I recommend shampooing 2-3x a month, for dry and/or damaged hair, and 1x a week for undamaged curly hair with CURLS Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream.
- Don’t overdo the heat styling. Excessive blow drying, flat ironing and curly will perpetuate dryness and encourage breakage.
Let the sparkle and shimmer of the winter season inspire you to have fun with your hairstyle. A little red dress, stunning stilettos, and accessories to die for are just what a woman needs to turn heads at any bash. Top it all off with the perfect curly hairstyle and you’ve got a look that’s simply stunning!
Check back soon for a Great Giveaway from