Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hair with Purpose?



I spend a lot of time on my blog talking about hair, so I have decided we needed a whole new blog to discuss hair. Hair is a very important topic in my household, of several different hair types. We all have one thing in common 100% natural hair. No color, no perms, no relaxers. My husband is black, my children biracial (Sudanese and White). I happen to also be the one who cares for and styles all the hair in the house YAY me! I tend to complain about the sore hands and back but in reality I LOVE taking care of their hair. I love finding new products and styles.

So here I plan to discuss what natural hair means to us. I plan to review haircare products, recommend favorite sites I happened to have found in my journeys online. Hopefully host some giveaways and just have fun....with hair!




"Once you go natural your mindset should also change,
otherwise your mind is still living The LYE !!!!!!!!!!!"
-- Jazzyrock




"There is nothing dreadful
about dreadlocks,
except to those who despise them."
-- Prema




I'm tangled,
like the curls of my love's hair,
like a snake encharmed,
I turn and twist.

What is this knot,
this dizzy maze, this snare?
All I know:
if I'm not tangled here,
I don't exist.


#1210, from Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi
Edited by Badiozzaman Forouzanfar (Tehran, Amir Kabir, 1988).
Translated by Zara Houshmand

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the site girl! I'm trying to figure out if I'm a follower or not...? lol I'm still not that great at this blogging stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. go over to the right hand side and click "Follow" don't forget to check out the giveaways!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment below. All advertisements and links will be removed. Should you want to advertise on this site please e-mail hairwithpurpose@gmail.com Thanks!!! Have a Blessed Day!