Friday, December 4, 2009

The meaning and purpose of hair


There are some wonderful hair sites out there devoted to hair styles and design such as:

Beads, Braids and Beyond & Happy Girl Hair
I love both of these sites and highly recommend you check them out!!




Though I may from time to time share a style of two, the focus of my blog is more about the Purpose Of Hair....The meaning of hair. If you don't get exactly what I mean hopefully after a few posts you will :) .

The father of my children is from the Dinka tribe in South Sudan, He is a Dinka Bor to be exact and he explained to me that different braid patterns meant different things. If a womans hair was braided straight up to the back she was single. If her hair was braided more to the side, pointing towards where her partner would be, it symbolized she was taken. I found this very interesting how much meaning and symbolism there is behind HAIR!

Through-out history and through different cultures hair has many different meanings. Dread locks, Afro's, natural hair, long hair, short hair, baldness, mean many things to many people. I want to study some of those meanings and discuss them. I welcome you to write about your hair and the social, spiritual, or personal feelings surrounding your hair. I would love to share it on the site.

Please send your submissions to life.w.purpose@gmail.com

Blessings ~Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment below. All advertisements and links will be removed. Should you want to advertise on this site please e-mail hairwithpurpose@gmail.com Thanks!!! Have a Blessed Day!