As I have mentioned before in my blog, my children both have a bad eczema problem and it's very hard to find good natural products that work for them. Many products make them itch and seem to make their dry skin issues worse. The following products from Cleopatra's Choice all work well for dry skin, dry hair, and eczema issues!
The first product we tried was the Argan Oil, sometimes called "liquid gold"
Some benefits of this product include:
- Improves condition of hair, reducing frizziness
- Great for skin around the nails
- Safely and effectively moisturizes dry skin
- Safe for all skin types
We used the Argan oil for as a "pre-poo" for my daughter's hair to protect it while shampooing. It worked to protect her hair and help to loosen the dirt in her hair for shampooing. After shampooing we used the Argan oil to treat her dry scalp and reduce itchiness. She said is took the itchy feeling from her scalp. I noticed the Argan oil softened her hair, made it easier to comb out and added a nice shine. It also reduced frizziness as the site claims.
You can use Argan oil on the face and body as well. I used a tiny drop of Argan oil on my face before putting on my makeup as a moisturizer. It softened my skin but also absorber nicely and didn't "break-up" my makeup like other oils have in the past. Argan oil softens the skin and works well on itchy skin with eczema.
- Grade A
- Fair Trade, Sustainable Farming Made
- Raw, Unprocessed Shea Butter
- 100% Pure, Natural & Organic
- Highest Quality Shea Butter Guaranteed
- Imported from Ghana, Africa
Shea butter is another staple every natural hair family should have. It's awesome for both the hair and skin. We use Shea Butter on a regular basis in our home and notice that it makes a big difference in the condition of my children's eczema. Without Shea butter they have dry itchy skin with grey patches, after a day their skin is softer and after week of use the patches are less noticeable and their eczema is clearing up. Shea Butter works miracles!
I like to take small tubs and melt the Shea Butter in the microwave. I melt some slightly and then whip it for whipped shea butter. I also like to melt some along with some coconut oil and make hair butter. This is raw without additional scent but
you can always add some essential oils such an lavender to make a relaxing skin treatment.
Cleopatra's Choice sells this pound sized tub of Shea Butter for only $14.99. Grade A, unrefined and all natural. This is a MUST HAVE!!
Adovia Dead Sea Mud Soap
- Great for Eczema, Psoriasis or Acne!
- Adovia Mud Soap removes dirt and cleanses your skin, while simultaneously infusing it with minerals essential to keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Enriched with century old Dead Sea mud, leaving your skin cleansed and nourished
- The mud soap gently cleanses away oil, bacteria and dirt particles, leaving skin purified, detoxified and fully cleansed.
- Note: This soap has been found effective at relieving acne
YES! We love this soap! Unscented and gentle, this soap cleans without stripping the skin of essential oils. Great for skin with eczema!!! Can be used on the face and body! Great to remove makeup and doesn't leave the skin feeling dry! LOVE IT!
Would you like to try Cleopatra's Choice?
Cleopatra's Choice has generously offered 3 (yes 3!)
$50.00 gift certificates for our readers!!
We will draw 3 Winners on 2/20/2012!!!
Visit the Cleopatra's Choice website, come back and leave a comment below stating which product you would like to try.....
this is REQUIRED to enter the GIVEAWAY!
For Additional Entries:
- Like us on facebook and leave a comment below
- Follow @HWPnaturalhair on twitter and leave a comment below
- Follow Hair With Purpose blog and leave a comment below
- Blog or facebook post about the giveaway, include the link and leave a comment below
- Tweet about the giveaway and leave the tweet link below. (can be done once DAILY!!)
Thanks to Cleopatra's Choice for this generous giveaway!!!!
This contest has now closed, the winners are as follows:
Please send me your contact information within 3 days at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to all who entered!!!
Big Thanks to Cleopatra's Choice for this GENEROUS giveaway!!!