Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Loc Journey day 1

It took me several days of hour sessions to complete Antonio's hair. I the video I posted in my previous blog showed a different way of parting the hair but I brick layered his locs so that less scalp would show. Now, If I was going to do my daughters hair in locs I would part in half from ear to ear and front to back so she could wear ponytail's and more styles with her locs. it's just a matter of preference.

BEFORE:

Hubbys hair had some wax build up from his twists so I washed his hair with KNOTTY BOY dread shampoo to remove the wax build up. I did a second wash with a tee tree shampoo to take care of any scalp build up. I did NOT condition his hair.

I put the top of his hair into a poytail and sectioned out my first row using a rat tail comb and used little clips to section off one SMALL box at a time.


The Brick layer pattern looks like this:



I then used this method to to lock his hair.





If you click on her video you can see her moms hair that she did with this method. Yes, it looked a little rough at first but soon her mom had lovely locs!!!

I used a latchhook when my fingers could no longer pull the hair through...




This cost $2.00 at my local hair store














YAY! we're done for about 5-6 weeks when I will use the latchhook to re-tighten the roots!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn!
    I do my hubby's locs also. But he has been growing his out for 15 years!!!
    I also started my son's locs. His were a lot harder because he is biracial. But he has been growwing his for about 7 years now and they look great too.
    Love locs!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment below. All advertisements and links will be removed. Should you want to advertise on this site please e-mail hairwithpurpose@gmail.com Thanks!!! Have a Blessed Day!