Step 2 of The 4 Step Sustainable CURLS™ Campaign
You can’t change what you don’t understand…Knowledge is power – Sharing the wealth!
Did you know….
- Recycling reduces greenhouse gas emissions by significantly saving the amount of energy needed to manufacture the products that we buy, build and use
- Recycled materials account for 40% of the world’s raw materials and is critical to our future sustainability
- While plastics decompose, they can release potentially harmful substances into the surrounding ground water and soil, affecting future generations
- Letting your faucet run for five minutes uses about as much energy as letting a 60-watt light bulb run for 14 hours
- Every year, an estimated 706 million gallons of oil enter our planet's oceans: By far the greatest source of spilled oil is households. Used Motor Oil - accounts for 363 million gallons in our oceans! 50% of Americans change their own motor oil, but only 1/3 of that oil is collected and recycled. 2/3 are dumped down drains or spilled on driveways and onto streets. One typical 5 quart oil change improperly dumped can contaminate millions of gallons of freshwater.
CURLS is looking for volunteers in the NY area to join the CURLS Environista Team for a 1 day clean up of a park in Queens. If you are in the NY area and would like to sign up, you will receive a CURLS t-shirt as well as a free product of your choice.
Our CURLS Environista team is trying to raise $2000.00 for the charity New York Cares. For every dollar donated, $6.00 in services is provided. Here is the link to donate. Anyone who makes a donation will receive a promo code for a CURLS product discount!