Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beija Flor Naturals "Creme Brulee" review




Creme Brulee for kinks, curls and coils




What Beija Flor has to say:

This product is for the happy and nappy, cute and coily, wild and wavy, kinky, curly...well you get the picture! No matter what your ethnic background, if the hair that sits on top of your head can be described as such you know that highly textured hair in all its glory tends to be dry, brittle and prone to breakage.


Our Creme Brulee is an everyday leave-in moisturizer with ingredients hand selected for beautiful healthy hair. The formula starts with an infusion of healing herbs such as rosemary, burdock and Marshmallow root. Murumuru Butter, Aloe butter, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Grapeseed oil add shine, moisture and protection.
In total, an infusion of 13 premium natural ingredients create a light cream texture that is perfect for all natural hair types. When used on wet or dry hair, the Creme Brulee can actually change the texture of your hair from straw to silk making it soft and manageable.

The Creme Brulee for Kinks, Curls and Coils is...

Not heavy, Non-sticky, greasy
65% organic, 100% Natural, 100% Vegan
Good for afros, wash and gos, twists, braids and children styles
Curls, Waves and Coils of all textures
Those transitioning to natural hair
Dry, damaged, color treated hair



Suggested Usage: Apply in sections to clean damp hair. This is a stand alone product that acts as both a light styler and moisturizer. It could also be used under another styler or gel.

Our Experience:

The first thing I noticed was the awesome scent of Creme Brulee... J could not help herself this time, she actually tasted it!! So mommies if you're using this on a little one make sure they keep it out of their mouths!! lol

J co-washed her hair and removed excess water. I applied Creme Brulee to her damp hair and I finger combed it through. I did not need a separate detangler.





Here you can see where I have applied the Creme Brulee and finger-combed it through and where I have not yet applied it. Quite a difference, right?





Creme Brulee has a thick texture but does not weigh hair down at all. In fact if you like your curls weighed down I would recommend using a separate styling product. We did not use a separate styler because I had planned to braid J's hair the same day.




Now Normally I would use a styling product when braiding J's hair but I did not need to add anything but the Beija Flor Creme Brulee. It gave her a bit of hold for her braids and a really nice shine!! Her hair wasn't greasy or weighed down. HER HAIR SMELLED AWESOME!!!






The scent stayed in her hair, prompting all her little friends to smell her hair and request that I make their hair smell like that... lol. They said is smelled like Cinnamon Pie :) It was really cute.

I really like this product. I really like the scent and would use it when braiding J's hair or under a styling product. Creme Brulee is meant for moisturizing so if I was doing a "Wash & Go" style on J I would add another product that gives her curls more weight and definition.  For J's hair this product could not stand alone for a "wash and go".

All in all we REALLY like this product!!
MMM Treat yourself to the awesome scent of Creme Brulee!

Thanks so much to Beija Flor Naturals for allowing me to review their product!!

1 comment:

  1. I've had this product on my wish list for a good few weeks now. Thanks for the review. I'm def going to cop it.

    ~AfroChyck

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment below. All advertisements and links will be removed. Should you want to advertise on this site please e-mail hairwithpurpose@gmail.com Thanks!!! Have a Blessed Day!