Monday, May 24, 2010

Question from a HWP reader...Alexis

Question for you...my 14 month old daughter has my EXACT same hair type: 3b in the front, sides and nape and 3c (almost 4a) in the crown. Like most babies she is still very thin across the back of her head (but thank God it's growing in) and I was wondering if you know of anything I can do to protect that section of hair while it continues to catch up with the rest of her hair? Also, what products to use?

I've been moisturizing and styling each morning with Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner and Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion. I am wondering if Jane Carter Solution would work better on her hair as it works wonders on mine. I try to use almost all natural products on her hair but I'm afraid if I don't really nurture this section of hair it will be all the way 4a.


WHAT WOULD YOU ALL ADVISE????

2 comments:

  1. For children I really like the Curls line!! www.curlz.biz. I also like
    the tiny twirls line by kinky curly. Blended Beauty has an awesome
    THICK moisturizer called "Butter me up" that works well for my
    daughters hair type but may be a little too thick for a little one?
    They do have products for all curly types at www.blendedbeauty.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always used soft and precious on my kids when they were babies, not an all natural product though. Now that I have been introduced to Kinky-Curly and Original sprout (thanks Jennifer!) I love those lines and would love to try the Tiny Twirls line by Kinky Curly. I have no doubt it would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment below. All advertisements and links will be removed. Should you want to advertise on this site please e-mail hairwithpurpose@gmail.com Thanks!!! Have a Blessed Day!