Thursday, November 14, 2013

"On Purpose" t-shirt by SaMon review

“On purpose” is a movement. It embraces the idea that we live life on purpose and we wear our hair on purpose. It represents all women of different shades, cultures and ethnicities; who demonstrate confidence, beauty and are intentional in how we choose to wear our hair. ~Samon Smith




 
 
Love this t-shirt!!
It's very soft cotton and more of a fitted feel to this t-shirt.
Jamilah is modeling a size M.
I love the look of these shirts and the inspiration behind them! 
 The price right now, $15.00!
These would make an excellent Holiday Gift
or gift for yourself!!
 
Check out SaMons Shop Here!
 
 
Here is what the creator had to say concerning the inspiration for the "On Purpose" movement
 

I have always wanted curly hair, even when I was a young girl growing up. My mom even got me a Jerri Curl!  lol  I was so excited the first day we got it.. I put so much water in my hair it became a afro!! lol
For years it was a mess.. As I got older my mom allowed me to get a relaxer. For over 30 years of my life I have always had one.  I never knew what my natural hair looked like or what it could ever do. When the relaxer grew out, I had new growth -  it was so dry.. 
 
To make a long story short, I decided to go all the way and not put that relaxer in my hair.  I was bold the day I revealed my natural hair (before the reveal, I wore a wig to grow my hair out),  

My transition was the best thing that I have ever done.  When I went to work on that Monday.  I male  friend of mine stated, "Why are you wearing your hair like that?"  I was like "What do you mean, this is who I am".  At that point I was not happy, I knew from that moment, that I do NOT have to give an explanation of why I do what I do to my hair, that God has put on my head!

The way I look is On Purpose, This style and look is not an accident.  I know who I am and I know what I am doing when I get up in the mornings and put my fingers through my hair.  

Then not to long after that, the idea of creating this shirt came about and my purpose was to make a statement. Helping ladies to not feel embarrassed of what they have been born with and only to embrace it.


 
Love it!! Thanks so much to SaMon for allowing us the review her t-shirts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment below. All advertisements and links will be removed. Should you want to advertise on this site please e-mail hairwithpurpose@gmail.com Thanks!!! Have a Blessed Day!